Owning a home with siding that has to be painted has its pros and cons. On the one hand, it’s nice to be able to change the color whenever you feel like it, but on the other hand, repainting it to ensure it looks good can be a hassle, and knowing when it needs to be repainted can be difficult sometimes. Keep reading to find out when you need to call a residential painter in Vacaville, CA.
For starters, let’s take a look at some factors that can affect your paint:
- Location: Your home’s location is one of the top factors affecting when it will need to be repainted. If your house sits directly in the sun, the paint will fade faster than normal, and will need to be repainted sooner rather than later. The sun will affect a darker paint faster than a lighter-colored paint, but the UV rays will take a toll on your home regardless.
- Siding material: Wood siding, stucco and brick are all common exteriors that can be painted. Your home’s exterior material makes a difference when it comes to your repainting timetable. Wood siding needs to be repainted sooner than stucco, which needs to be painted less often than brick (which may not need to be painted at all). If you’re building a custom home, choose your siding wisely!
- Original paint type and quality: Not all paints are created equal. Some are better for painting certain materials than others, and some paints shouldn’t be used to paint the exteriors of homes at all. If your home was originally painted with a low-quality paint, you’ll need to hire a professional to repaint your home sooner rather than later.
So, how do you know when you need to paint your home? Here are some signs your home’s exterior could use a fresh coat:
- The paint is faded: Paint is bound to fade over time. As mentioned above, the sun speeds up this process. Call a painter to repaint your exterior as soon as you see noticeably faded paint. The problem is only going to get worse as time goes on. The sooner you call, the sooner we can save your home from deteriorating!
- The paint is chipped: The only thing that looks worse than faded paint is paint that’s chipping and peeling away. Don’t be the person with a home that looks like a haunted house—call us today to repaint your home if the paint is chipping off! We’ll remove the old paint and give your home a fresh new coat.
- You’re reselling soon: If you’re planning on putting your home on the market, you’ll want to repaint it as soon as possible. Nobody looking to buy a home is going to go for the house that has faded and chipped paint. A fresh coat is sure to put your home ahead of all the others on the market.
Repainting your home isn’t necessarily rocket science, but doing it on your own can lead to a disaster if you don’t have any experience. Hiring a residential painter in Vacaville, CA to do the job is always a better idea than getting up on a ladder and attempting to do it yourself. A painter will save you time and hassle, and can maybe even save you some money.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, it’s time to give Pro-Tech Painting & Decorating, LLC a call. We can paint your home in no time to ensure it looks as good as new!