Brick is one of the best siding materials you can choose for a house. Brick gives a home a timeless look and is incredibly durable, so you know it’ll last for a long time. While brick looks great on its own, many homeowners opt to hire home painters in Vacaville, CA to paint their brick homes. But should they do that? Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of painting over your brick:
- Painted brick gives your home a new look: After living in a house for a while, you might start to get tired of the reddish-brown brick exterior. If that’s the case, painting your brick is an excellent idea! Lighter color paints, like white, will give your brick home a clean and crisp look—even if your home is decades old. Give us a call today to learn about all of your color options and how a new paint job will breathe new life into your home.
- Painting boosts your curb appeal: Your home’s siding is probably the first thing most folks notice when they drive past your property. If the paint is chipped and faded or the siding is cracked, people are going to judge you. Although your brick home probably isn’t cracked, old and discolored brick isn’t a great look, either. You can fix that by slapping on a fresh coat of paint. After repainting, your home is sure to be the talk of the neighborhood.
- Offers better protection: Brick protects your home from the elements better than most other siding materials on the market. But brick is also porous. Over time, moisture can seep into the brick and cause problems. You can prevent that by adding a coat of paint on top of the material. Paint will help to block any moisture from entering your home.
- Requires extensive prep work: A lot of work goes into preparing the brick before it can be painted. Scrubbing the bricks to get them as clean as possible takes quite a bit of time, and that’s just step one. You also have to coat and seal the brick before you can even think about painting. Since you don’t want to do all of this prep work by yourself, give our home painters in Vacaville, CA a call. We’ll take care of everything from start to finish, so all you have to worry about is picking out a color.
- Painting may be impossible to undo: You’d better hope that you like the color you choose to paint your brink home, because it might be impossible to undo! This is especially true if you opt for a darker color. If you paint your home a lighter color, going back to the original brick color may be possible, but it’ll certainly be expensive.
- Painted brick requires more maintenance: One of the nice things about brick is that it generally doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case if you choose to paint over it. Painted brick needs to be power washed on a regular basis, and it also needs to be repainted every few years or else it’ll start to look unattractive. Be sure you’re ready to care for it if you choose to paint your brick home!
If you’ve decided that you’d like to paint your brick home, give Pro-Tech Painting & Decorating, LLC a call. Our professional home painters in Vacaville, CA will beat the prices of any other painting company in town, and do a great job in the process.