Giving your home a new look with a fresh coat of paint seems like an easy do-it-yourself project for many homeowners. But anyone who has ever attempted it knows that it can quickly become more than you bargained for. Sure, taking up the job yourself may save you some cash, but there’s no guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the final product or that the work will stand up well to the test of time. A major residential painting project takes the skills and knowledge of professionals who are familiar with the products and equipped to handle any unexpected situations that might arise.
Not convinced? Here are the top five reasons to hire professional house painters in Vacaville, CA:
- Professional results: One of the most obvious benefits of hiring professional painters as opposed to doing the work yourself is the significant difference in quality. Professional painters are experts in prepping walls so the paint will last longer. They know the best products to use for the most attractive finished product. And not only will working with a professional painter improve the appearance of your walls, but it will also boost the resale value of your home.
- Experience: Watching an online video doesn’t make you an expert in painting your living room. A professional painter has years of experience and knowledge that help them create the perfect results. Taping lines will always be done expertly with clean and straight lines, and you’ll never have to worry about a stray mark on the ceiling or carpet. But the work of a professional painter extends far beyond just applying a coat of paint. Typically, they may also recommend the best options to protect your exterior paint from the effects of the weather, or a particular sealant to offer additional protection from water damage.
- Quality equipment and supplies: A high quality paint job requires much more than just a few paintbrushes. To paint a house, you’ll need everything from safety gear to caulk and primer. Specific tasks, such as painting the exterior of a texturized home, will require additional spraying tools and paint applicators. Buying all of these tools for just one paint job—and learning how to use them—will far outweigh the costs of hiring a professional.
- Efficient: If you’re taking the DIY approach, you should be prepared to spend a few weekends painting the exterior or interior of your home. The job takes significantly less time for an experienced professional. A professional house painter will easily be able to complete the job within a set deadline. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy your valuable free time instead.
- Insured: Hiring an insured professional has the potential to save you a large sum of money in the long run. If a major problem were to arise, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that they will be able to correct it because they have the necessary insurance coverage. Any damage caused by the painting company will automatically be covered. You don’t have this same cushion with a DIY paint job.
Ready to get started on working with professional house painters in Vacaville, CA? Call Pro-Tech Painting & Decorating, LLC today for an estimate.