Paint can age and wear over time. While a new coat of paint will certainly refresh your home, if you are having additional painting problems, you need to seek out a painting contractor in Vacaville, CA to help you correct the issue properly. Here are the most common paint problems a painting contractor sees—and what you can do about them:
- Blistering paint: Blistering or bubbles in the paint can be caused by a number of factors, from painting on a damp surface to moisture coming through the walls. This most often happens on the wood trim of a home and will need to be sanded down completely. You can avoid this issue by painting with a good quality paint and making sure the surface being painted is completely dry.
- Cracking paint: This can occur when a second coat of paint was applied before the first was dry, or if an oil-based paint was used with a latex-based paint. You will need to sand the surface to remove both layers of paint and apply a new coat to the fresh surface. A painting contractor in Vacaville, CA will know the correct steps to take to eliminate cracking and ensure you don’t have this problem in the future.
- Chalking paint: When you see white marks on the paint surface, this is a sign that the paint is breaking down and the pigment binders are coming to the surface. This can happen with low-quality paint, or when the wrong paint for the surface was used. To eliminate this problem, a painting contractor in Vacaville, CA will clean the surface thoroughly and let it dry. When they are sure the surface is dry, they can paint over it with a high-quality latex paint, and this should stop the chalking from occurring again.
- Sagging paint: Sagging paint happens when too much paint is applied to an area and it begins to run or have a sagging look to it. If the paint is still wet, it should be spread out to eliminate this effect. On dried paint, it will have to be sanded smooth and painted over. Using the services of a painting contractor in Vacaville, CA can help eliminate the potential for this happening, as they will be experienced in the correct paint application processes and won’t over apply the paint.
- Peeling paint: When you see peeling paint on your home, this is a sign that moisture is either present currently or was present when the paint was applied. The surface with the peeling paint will need to be sanded and have a new coat of paint applied. A good quality paint should be used, and the area should be caulked if moisture is getting in.
Working with a painting contractor in Vacaville, CA can prevent many of these paint problems from occurring at your home. If you do encounter any of these paint issues, contact Pro-tech Painting & Decorating, LLC to repair the problem and get it painted correctly so it lasts. We have been painting homes since 1972, and look forward to assisting you soon!