When it comes to painting the interior of your home, it can be overwhelming to think about which paint choice to go with, as there are a variety to choose from. Interior painters in Vacaville, CA will be able to steer you in a good direction and make recommendations as to what type of paint would work best for the room you are painting. These helpful tips can narrow down your paint choices and make it easier for you decide on a paint that will work for your home:
- Flat: Choose a flat paint for an area such as a powder room that may need to have the walls cleaned infrequently. It is a very low shine paint that holds up well to occasional cleaning.
- Matte: Like flat paint, matte paint has very little shine to it. It is ideally used in a bedroom that won’t need a lot of cleaning. It is really good at masking imperfections on a wall, and can be touched up easily.
- Satin: This type of paint is a popular choice for rooms that are high-traffic areas. It has a little bit of a sheen to it and can be cleaned easily. Satin paint would be a good choice in a kid’s bedroom or playroom, kitchen or bathroom. Interior painters in Vacaville, CA can help choose which room satin paint would work well in.
- Eggshell: This paint has more shine than flat paint, but less than satin paint. This is a good paint for pretty much anywhere in your home and holds up to cleaning quite well. You can mix this into any type of color, and interior painters in Vacaville, CA will be happy to use this in any room you suggest.
- Semi-gloss: While this type of paint won’t necessarily work well for walls, it is a nice choice for painting cabinets or trims within your home. As the name suggests, it has a somewhat glossier finish that can be cleaned easily just by wiping it down. It gives a nice shine to surfaces that are painted with it, but probably won’t be a top choice for just any room in your home.
- Glossy: This is another type of paint to steer clear of when walls are concerned. It is extremely shiny and will show even the smallest of imperfections on any surface it is used on. This is becoming more of a decorator paint that is showing up in furniture that needs a dramatic or contrasting look to it.
When working with interior painters in Vacaville, CA, you’ll be able to select a paint that is just right for every room of your house. Remember that different rooms have different paint and cleaning requirements, and that this should help influence your paint decision. To have the interior of your home painted, contact Pro-tech Painting & Decorating, LLC. We are an experienced painting company that offers both residential and commercial painting services for interiors and exteriors. We also offer dry rot repair, waterproofing, door replacement, drywall repair, crown molding installation, baseboard work and lead removal. Call us today for an estimate!