If you are looking for a winter theme for your home this year, there are many color schemes available to you. From the neutral to the bold, interior painters in Vacaville, CA have some ideas to help winterize your home décor. Here are popular combinations brightening rooms this winter:
- Neutrals: There is nothing shameful about basic white. It offers flexibility with furniture and wall art, and can be brightened up with interior trim. For a neutral but sophisticated style, go for white or off-white with accents of gold and brown. While designated as a winter theme, it is a stylish combination that works throughout the year.
- Gray: If you are tired of white walls, gray makes an excellent substitute. It is stunning when you have light-colored furniture, and is frequently a favorite with home offices. You also have the option of white accents or painting one wall gray and leaving the rest of them white.
- Deep colors: Rose pink is an unexpected favorite for winter and interior design. Previously, green and burgundy were preferences for bold rooms. However, the bold yet brighter rose and magenta colors are a new trend. If you want something bright and bold but also slightly different, ask about our variations of deep pink.
- Accent walls: Gray is frequently a favorite color for accent walls, but your options expand beyond it. Newer colors like seal brown or olive green make the perfect backdrop behind bookshelves or a boldly designed headboard. Olive green looks especially good when you have a dark hardwood floor. Colors of the surrounding walls can range from off-white to even gold and lighter greens, depending on your taste and preference.
- Pure as the driven snow: As mentioned, white remains a hot option. If you want a simple space, go with white walls and a white rug, and contrast them with darker hardwood floors. This works great with formal dining rooms and other areas used only for special occasions.
- Warmth: Brown, orange and aubergine create a cozy combination that offers respite from the winter weather outside. The intention is to create a soft intimate glow that helps people feel welcomed to your space.
- Gold and shimmer: If orange and white are not your favorite colors, but you still desire warmth, gold tones are a great option for you. They are also at the top of this winter’s trends, as people want the opulence without the pretentious side effects. Gold offers a range of different shades from neutral to shimmery, so you can choose based on the formality of the space. Accents using metallic tones will add to the look.
- Red: Maybe you like bold colors, but pink and purple do not work for you. Red is always an option, as it offers the same eye-popping effects with a more conservative balance. Use it for accent walls and purchase contrasting art and furniture.
Pro-Tech Painting & Decorating, LLC has interior painters in Vacaville, CA available to change the color schemes home. Call us today to arrange for an estimate and ask about our ideas.