If you’ve been contemplating having the exterior or interior of your house painted, hiring professional painting contractors in Solano County, CA will ensure that the paint is applied cleanly and evenly, for a finished product that’s nearly seamless in the way it looks and feels.
Your home is an investment, and high-quality, professional brushwork will keep its exterior and interior looking its best now and for years to come.
There are a variety of ways to identify superior brushwork. A true sign of great brushwork is that it can be seen from a distance, as well as up close. Regardless of your vantage point, excellent brushwork results in a consistent, quality job.
- Smooth surface: If your home is made of previously unpainted or untreated wood, your painting contractor will sand this wood, working in the same direction as the grain of the wood. If the contractor is working with wood that has been previously painted, he or she will examine the wood for drips, uneven surfaces and excess paint and remove these spots with a strong scraper. Any small holes present in the wood will be filled with spackle—a type of paste—to ensure that the surface they appear in is level with all other parts of the wood surface.
- No noticeable dust: An expert painting contractor will vacuum the wood after sanding it and wipe off the surface using a cloth. These two actions will help remove dust from the wood’s surface, ensuring that the exterior or interior of your home will not include any signs of dust in the paint.
- Even and level paint: Your painting contractor will paint the home’s exterior or interior in the same direction of the grain of the wood, using long, even strokes. In warmer temperatures, he or she will mix the paint with oil or latex to confirm that the paint is leveled out. Paint mixed with oil allows the paintwork to be easily touched up, while paint mixed with latex results in paint that will dry faster.
- Even brushstrokes: Once the paint is applied, your painting contractor will take care to ensure that he or she made level brushstrokes by removing extra paint from the paintbrush (likely by knocking the brush on the paint bucket’s interior). Finally, your contractor will position the brush at a low angle to the wall or structure and run the soft ends of the paintbrush’s bristles over the paint’s surface.
- Given time to dry: After performing all of the above steps, your painter will leave the paintwork alone. Potentially uneven and unattractive surfaces can result if paint is re-applied.
You’ll notice all of these hallmarks of great brushwork when you work with an experienced team of painting contractors in Solano County, CA. Call the experts at Pro-tech Painting & Decorating at 707-422-3796 today to ensure you’re getting nothing short of the best results possible from your decision to hire professional painters. We provide careful and quality work during paint application that will result in a beautiful home that you can enjoy both now and in the future.