You’ve decided it’s finally time to repaint the interior of your home. So begins the process of selecting paint swatches and deciding what paint colors will be most suitable for your living space. But where should you begin? As part of your pre-painting prep, consider taking some time to learn more about “color psychology.”
Color psychology refers to the idea that choosing certain colors of paint can affect the mood of your home and dictate your enjoyment of each room. Read through the following tips, and decide on the atmosphere you’re hoping to achieve. When you’re ready to hire a team of expert painting contractors, contact the professionals at Pro-tech Painting & Decorating for your interior painting in Solano County, CA.
- Think seasonally: Want your home to seem welcoming from the outside or warmer once inside? If you’re looking to create this effect, particularly in wintertime, selecting shades of yellows, reds or oranges can help accomplish this. Come summer, however, you may be thinking about creating a home that feels cool and crisp. Shades that are considered cool on the color spectrum, such as shades of blue, are a good choice. Thinking along these lines can be worthwhile if you are considering selling a home during a particular time of year.
- Create a relaxing atmosphere: If you’re looking for a tranquil setting in your bedroom or bathroom, cool colors, such as blues, green or light purples, can help you create this effect. This is particularly true for lighter versions of these shades, rather than dark ones.
- Establish an optimistic environment: Interested in bringing a happier vibe to your home? A sunny yellow shade is a natural choice that would work especially well in a sunroom. In addition, using a shade of yellow for your enclosed front porch or entryway will help keep you in a positive mood as you leave home to begin your day and renew your optimism as you return home.
- Increase your concentration: Do you have a home office or another part of your home where you find yourself often needing to focus or complete important work? Shades of green, most notably lighter shades, are believed to boost concentration. A green plant can also aid in producing this effect.
- Consider bright colors: White is often a go-to choice for an interior paint color, though it’s not the most effective option if you’re looking to create the illusion of space. Bright colors that pop, such as yellow and eggshell shades, can help your home to look larger than it actually is. This can be useful if you are painting your home before you prepare to sell it.
If these ideas have you thinking about how to approach painting your home’s interior, the painting contractors at Pro-tech Painting & Decorating are ready to assist with your interior painting in Solano County, CA. Contact us today!