To keep the exterior of your home in perfect shape, you need to repaint the outside to maintain its appearance over time. As the paint on your home wears due to the elements it is exposed to, you will need to schedule professional exterior painting in Solano County, CA to get your home looking the way you want. The following tips can let you know when it’s time to call for exterior painting professionals to visit your home:
- Peeling paint: An obvious sign that your home is in need of exterior painting in Solano County, CA is areas that have peeling paint. The old paint will have to be scraped and a fresh coat of paint must be applied. Peeling paint lets water and moisture in and can cause the wood to rot. This is a warning that your home needs exterior painting.
- Chalky appearance: Check the exterior of your home for a lighter, chalky appearance of the paint that comes off when you rub it. This is a sign that your paint is breaking down and should be redone. A fresh coat of paint will drastically improve its appearance.
- Bare wood is exposed: Not only will the appearance of your home improve with a fresh coat of paint, but painting the exterior of your home, especially where bare wood is exposed, will also help protect it from wood rot that is caused by the outdoor elements.
- Mold or water stains: Areas on your home showing mold or water stains are a good indication that your home is need of exterior painting in Solano County, CA. A fresh coat of paint can improve these areas and help you avoid serious damage that could occur if left as is.
- Cracked stucco: If you live in a warm weather climate, you may have stucco on your home. Look for cracking, especially around windows and the foundation. These are sure signs that your home needs repainting, as you don’t want water to get into the cement block foundation of the home.
- Rotted wood: If you have areas of rotted wood on your home, you will need to replace the wood with fresh pieces and apply paint to protect it. This can be especially apparent around the bottom of doorframes, which you’ll likely need to make an effort to observe.
- You want to change the appearance: Even if your home isn’t showing signs of needing painting, there may still be times when you just want to change its overall appearance. Paint is a great way to refresh the exterior of your home and give it a new and updated look. Feel free to have the outside painted whenever you feel the need for a change.
When it’s time to paint the exterior of your home, be sure to call Pro-tech Painting & Decorating, LLC for your professional painting needs. We are a family-owned business with over four decades of experience painting homes. As a fully licensed, bonded and insured professional painting service, you can always expect quality results from our experienced painting staff.