Is your home in need of a facelift? It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for your curb appeal, and of course there’s no competition for new paint when it comes to brightening up the inside of a home. But painting is also a lot of work. It takes a lot of time, and it’s hard to budget materials, energy and money when you’re not sure what you’re doing. This is where hiring a quality painting contractor can help. Here’s a closer look at some ways to increase your odds of winding up with a good painting company—and a great paint job:
- Get recommendations from people you trust: Between your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers and other people you know who live in your area, the odds of at least several of them having hired painting contractors in Solano County, CA in recent years is pretty high. Ask around. Get the names and numbers of contractors who have provided quality services to people you know and trust, and get in touch with them about setting up a consultation.
- Make sure they’re experienced: As anyone who’s tried to paint their home by approaching it with a “how hard can it be?” type of attitude has likely learned the hard way, there really is an art to a good paint job. For that reason, you should avoid trusting this very important job to novices. Look for a painting company that has years in the business and significant experience to support the quality of their work. Narrowing your search to established, seasoned painters is a good way to avoid disappointment.
- Look for specialization: Similarly, because it’s sometimes perceived as “easy” work, painting is often included as an “additional service” provided by general contractors. If you’re hiring someone to paint your house—whether it’s the exterior, the interior or even just a single room—try to find a company whose focus is on painting. They’ll likely do a better job, and their work will be more efficient, detail-oriented and budget-conscious than a company for whom painting is an afterthought.
- Make sure they’re qualified: Even experience and a good reputation will only carry a company so far when it comes to providing peace of mind. A fully licensed, bonded and insured painting company offers the assurance that you won’t get stuck paying for a shoddy paint job. It also offers you the knowledge that you’ll have some recourse in the event of an accident or if things don’t proceed as expected.
- When possible, go local: When you’re searching for painting contractors in Solano County, CA, it pays to go with a company that’s local to the area. Local businesses understand the area and can make stronger recommendations about the quality of certain products and processes with greater accuracy than a company that’s less invested in the area. In addition, local businesses have an incentive to do good work at competitive prices—after all, their customers are their own friends, neighbors and fellow local businesses!
Pro-Tech Painting & Decorating, LLC has been a trusted painting contractor in Solano County, CA since 1972. We specialize in residential painting, and as a family owned and operated local business, we put our customers’ satisfaction above all else. Call us today for a free estimate!